Traditional Dutch Buttercake (Boterkoek)
This is really easy (and quick!)
200 gram flour
150 gram fine crystal sugar
200 gram cold (real) butter (i.e. not margarine or fake butter)
Comments and "improvements" are welcome. Just send us an email.
- Sieve the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt above a bowl.
- Add butter and cut this into small pieces. Two (blunt) knives work very well for that.
- Use a cold hand to knead the dough into a ball (or quickly use a kitchen machine).
- Once you have the dough in a ball, put into a low baking dish. Traditionally, these are
round, but that is not necessary.
- Beat the egg to make it loose and cover the dough (thinly). Use a fork to draw lines into
- Bake the cake in the middle of a hot oven at 175 C for about 30 mins until it is light
brown and done.
- Allow the cake to cool in the dish and cut the cake into small pieces.
- Enjoy !
Fri 11 Apr 08
This site is © Copyright AntPet 2004-2006, All Rights Reserved
free web templates