Tiramisu (without raw eggs)
I found this recipe on the internet somewhere (Sorry, cannot remember where) and adapted it
to my tastes.
||Yoghurt (Alternatively use 250 g. quark/fromage frais)
|| Whipping Cream (slagroom)
|| Powdered Sugar
|| Really Strong Coffee
|| Dark chocolate
|| Lady Fingers (lange vingers)
|| Cocoa powder
|| Coffee-flavoured liqueur or non-alcoholic substitute
Comments and "improvements" are welcome. Just send us an email.
- If you are using yoghurt, first drain it overnight to get rid of excess water.
This is not necessary if you use quark/fromage frais.
- Make some really strong coffee.
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters
- Combine Mascarpone, powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons cool coffee and 2 tablespoons coffee
liqueur in a large bowl
- Beat 1 to 2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed until just blended. Do not
- Fold the whipped cream into the Mascarpone mixture.
- Divide the mixture in half.
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool slightly.
- Fold the molten chocolate into one half until there are no white streaks remaining.
- Combine remaing coffee and coffee liqueur in a pie plate.
- Select enough lady fingers to line bottom of glass oven dish
- Quickly dip them inro coffee mixture (dip quickly so that they do not get wet and spongy)
- Line inside of dish with lady fingers (dipped side out)
- Brush inside of ladyfingers with coffee mixture.
- Spread chocolate mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers in bottom of dish
- Cover with another layer of quickly-dipped ladyfingers, setting them dipped side up
- Spread remaining white mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Sift cocoa over the top.
- Cut tiramisu in pieces and serve with flat spatula.
Fri 11 Apr 08
This site is © Copyright AntPet 2002-2007, All Rights Reserved
free web templates